Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I'm Featured on FLY GIRL BLOG!!

I'm beyond excited! {SCREAMING!!} I'm a huge fan of Fly so to be the Fly Girl Of The Week is a huge honor! I hope my words will inspire someone on their journey. A huge thanks to Andrea for featuring me! :-) Go on over to Fly and check it out! 

FGOTW

 Fly is undergoing some changes and updates with new features and content but the one thing that won't be included in those updates is the Fly Girl of the Week feature. So to honor one of my favorite features that made Fly what it is today I'd like to share some fabulous final Fly Girls of the Week :). Enjoy!

Fg205

Who? My name is Angela and I'm a proud 36!

Where? I'm a Louisiana girl that has lived in Brooklyn, NY and currently lives in Dallas, TX

What do you do? 
Oh I've done it all! I definitely don't believe in the "Jack of all trades, Master of none" saying. I've been blessed to have many careers. Television production and styling, graphic design and interior decorating to name a few. Currently I'm a full time graphic designer and on the side I produce home decor products, refinished furniture, and handmade items for my little shop Boutique La Bohéme located in Frisco, TX. It allows me to combine all of my creative talents into one space. You can also find my blog on my website where I talk about everything from art, design, interiors, fashion and travel. My hope is to expand Boutique La Bohéme in the future to a full size boutique.

What inspires you?

Music, people, life...everything around me inspires me. I try to just be still at one point during the day and take in my surroundings. You'll be surprised at what you see once you really pay attention.

Why are you fly?
I'm fly because I continue to challenge myself. I think life is about growing as a person and you must continue to challenge your intellect and creativity on a daily basis. I'm also fly because I'm happy. You only have one life and I plan to enjoy every bit of it!

Advice:
If you're a creative, embrace it. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't make a living doing what you love. I've had many teachers, peers, family, etc. that tried to mold me into a "normal" professional with a 9-5 job. That's not a bad thing, but I had to find my own way and realize
that's it's okay to be me. If I wake up today and want to paint a portrait or tomorrow and want to refinish furniture, it's all okay as long as I'm happy and progressing in my creativity. You are unique and awesome and it's okay to be you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

If you're having trouble leaving comments, please contact me: boutiqueboheme@gmail.com

hugs 'n kisses!
Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...