Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Emerald City

The blogoshphere is still on fire with Emerald, the Pantone 2013 Color of the Year. I must say that I am especially happy that my birthstone color has made a comeback. I don't think it has received the respect it deserves over the years. Emerald makes me think of glamour and old Hollywood.
It's sophisticated and lush.

I think of designers like Kelly Wearstler and Miles Redd using the color. It's a bold commitment but will add a luxurious touch to an interior. Emerald definitely takes a bit of courage when decorating. This is not a color for the faint of heart.

I found these great examples on Pinterest of how to use emerald the right way. You can also check out my Pinterest board for more ideas. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Completely IN LOVE with the color emerald! It can be a bit intimidating to some, but I love its richness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! When it's done right, it is so elegant. I like your blog... I'm so envious of your travels! =)

      Delete

Hi everyone!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

If you're having trouble leaving comments, please contact me: boutiqueboheme@gmail.com

hugs 'n kisses!
Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...