Monday, February 25, 2013

Thrift Store Find + Book Shelf Styling

I scored this lovely curio at a thrift store last week for 80 dollars! This is one of my better finds this year so far. I couldn't believe the price! I love scouring thrift stores and flea markets because you tend to find unique items and real gems like this one.

I haven't quite decided what to do with it yet. I was leaning towards painting it white with a vibrant interior color but the wood is in perfect condition. I almost feel guilty covering it with paint. What I can decide on now is styling the shelves. Since it will remain without paint for a while, I'm thinking white accessories will really pop against the wood.

Check out these lovely accessories I've found so far.
Urchin Objet $24.00 DwellStudio • Parisian Bottles $30.00 One Kings Lane • Lacquer Box COCOCOZY $170.00 • Ceramic Deer Set #45.00 committed2design

***

Also, here's a little shelf styling inspiration via Pinterest.


via [Emily Henderson]


2 comments:

  1. I love your curio and I know its in perfect condition but I'm loving the white idea! I think you should try it...

    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think you're right Marie!! The white would look so awesome! I think it's the work to refinish it that I'm dreading. lol

      Delete

Hi everyone!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

If you're having trouble leaving comments, please contact me: boutiqueboheme@gmail.com

hugs 'n kisses!
Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...