Monday, June 24, 2013

ALT NYC 2013 • RECAP


Last week was absolutely magical! Alt NYC was my first large blogger conference, and I didn't know what to expect. To say it completely blew my mind, is an understatement. The day was jammed packed with informative speakers, vendors, delicious food and tons of surprises. The atmosphere was so positive and inspiring. I'm feeling renewed, motivated and ready to take things to the next level!


The night before, the festivities kicked off with a Pre-Alt dinner sponsored by Bing at Sunday Suppers in Brooklyn. Located in an old warehouse, you're not quite sure what to expect from the exterior. When I stepped through the door, my mouth dropped. The all white room was gorgeous, and the floor to ceiling wall of windows overlooking the skyline was breathtaking! I must admit that my nerves were all over the place, but the dinner was a perfect because it allowed us to mingle and meet in a smaller setting. EVERYONE was anxious about the next day, and we shared in the excitement! Thanks to Bing for an incredible night!! 

A HUGE thanks to Justin, the amazing photographer for the event. He captured so many beautiful photos. The portrait shots from the Bing dinner are my favorite!


It would take a full week to share everything I learned from all of the amazing speakers. Not only was the information helpful for bloggers, but I thought it was great for any entrepreneur. The keynote speakers were Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge and Garance Doré. They shared their experiences and what they've learned along the way, what worked and what didn't and how their brands have evolved. I will definitely share my notes by the end of the week.

photos: Angela Flournoy

Immediately following the conference was a cocktail hour sponsored by JCP and styled with Martha Celebrations. It was incredible and a perfect way to unwind after the long day.

***

It was a breath of fresh air to be in a room filled with creatives, all eager to learn and exchange ideas. I met so many amazing bloggers and everyone was incredibly friendly. A special shout out to these ladies for being such a delight! It was a pleasure to meet you all!!

Nycia - She Inspires
Chelo - CheloKeys.com
Sarah - Sarah Hearts
Melanie - About Pretty
Ellen - Minnow + Co.

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE the headshot he took of you! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justin is such an amazing photographer! Check out his site: http://www.justinhackworth.com/

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing my blog Angela. Oh man, I wish that day could have lasted all week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Melanie! I'm still on a high from that week. =) Are you considering SLC?

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos! Thanks Darling!! You are such a GEM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome lady!! You're a doll. xoxo!

      Delete
  4. Wish I'd gotten a chance to meet you and say hi at Alt. Looking forward to following your blog and connecting at the next alt perhaps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Hope we connect at the next Alt as well!!

      Delete
  5. It was so great to meet you and I hope our paths cross again some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Justin! It was such a pleasure meeting you as well!!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like so much fun! Everyone I know who's attended a blogger conference has met so many wonderful people and learned so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cool! looks like loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

If you're having trouble leaving comments, please contact me: boutiqueboheme@gmail.com

hugs 'n kisses!
Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...