Monday, August 12, 2013

DIY: Mini Succulent Garden

In an effort to add more plants to my life, this weekend I decided to add to my growing plant family. I chose small succulents and terra cotta planters and then added a touch of paint to dress it up. This was a super easy project! It will take you less than an hour to complete, and that's only due to drying time. You can use any color you like. I chose Mother of Pearl from the Martha Stewart Crafts™ Pearl line. I thought the color would be more white, but it came out silver-ish on the terra cotta which I actually liked.

Once the paint was dry, I filled a third of the planters with potting soil. I loosed the roots of each succulent and placed them in the planters, and then added more soil to fill it. I watered the soil and let it drain. That's it! Easy peasy!! Plus, the whole project was less than 20 bucks! You can't beat that.



2 comments:

  1. The presentation looks great. What plants have you chosen for those pots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I chose a variety of succulents. I can't identify them all but a couple are sempervivum arachnoideum and tricolor jade. They're very easy to care for and you can find them at any local plant nursery or even Walmart.

      Delete

Hi everyone!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

If you're having trouble leaving comments, please contact me: boutiqueboheme@gmail.com

hugs 'n kisses!
Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...