Friday, September 6, 2013

FRIDAY'S DISH: Beauty From The Beast

POSTED BY: CRESSIDA

OK, this is the first time I’ve ever done this and I’m going to admit it to you right here, right now. I set my kitchen on fire. Well, not exactly my whole kitchen but my oven for sure.

I was in the process of baking pre-made pizza dough for a dessert pizza and I unknowingly dropped one of my potholders onto the bottom of the oven, which was set at 500 degrees. A pizza with a crispy crust comes from an oven that is set to “Hades”.

I was to leave the pizza crusts in the oven for 7-8 minutes, but about 4 minutes into the cooking time, as I sat on my living room couch, I began to smell smoke. I turned to the kitchen to see thick acrid smoke filling my apartment. The smoke was worse than the actual fire but it did set off the smoke detector and forced me to have to open every single window in the place.

All was not lost. I was still able to use the crusts and they didn’t even have the charred taste of smoke. The pot holder, however, was not so lucky. I was actually able to make something beautiful out of something so, so ugly...next time it’s going to be Boboli!

Super Easy Raspberry Dessert Pizza
  • 1 - Package of pre-made pizza dough (you can make your own or use pre-baked)
  • 1 - 8 oz container of mascarpone cheese
  • 1 - tbsp honey
  • 1 - splash of milk
  • 1 - splash of champagne
  • 1 – Pint fresh raspberries
  • Flour for dusting
  • Chiffonade of basil
What to do:
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees with a pizza stone or a cookie sheet. Dust a clean counter with flour and cut the room temperature dough into 4 equal rounds. Roll out the dough adding flour as needed so that it doesn’t stick. (You can shape them into a heart shapes too.) Place the rounds onto the pizza stone and bake per the package instructions.

In the meantime, combine the mascarpone and honey with a little champagne and enough milk to make it spreadable. When the dough comes out of the oven, cool it COMPLETELY on a rack. Spread on the
cheese mixture and decorate with the raspberries. Garnish with basil and ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. I still have to email you about services (haven't forgot) but I done the same so don't hold your head in shame except my incidents happened twice. Once, to prep for company, I hid dishes in the oven which included cardboard from a pizza I cooked. All because my dishwasher wasn't working properly and I took everything out to hand wash. And never got the chance before company came by. The following morning I preheated the oven to make toast (I don't use a toaster). and the next thing I know.....smoke and I saw flames. I panicked. Ran outside my apt to get a fire extinguisher (which was outside my apt's door) and run back up to put it out only for the damn thing to not work. more panicks. I cut the oven off and after toying with the idea of calling 911 after opening windows and patio doors, the fire went out on it's own. I couldn't figure out what happened until it cooled off and I remember the pizza cardboard. SMFH.

    the other was cookie dough that got on the bottom. I saw flames and was scared to make cookies ever since LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh and hungry at the same time! Thanks for sharing both the funny (well it's funny now) story and the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Gina and Miya! I really appreciate it. Stay safe out there in keep cooking!

    Smooches!

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

If you're having trouble leaving comments, please contact me: boutiqueboheme@gmail.com

hugs 'n kisses!
Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...