Thursday, October 17, 2013

Scary Movies Decor: Get the Look!

POSTED BY: BRIDGET

As we all know, Halloween is quickly approaching. I don't do a lot of decorating or party planning in honor of this holiday, but I do love it's requisite scary movies. I tend to look beyond the story and characters of any movie, and mentally track down the props and set dressing.  

Below are a few of my all time (scary) favorites: 

What a cute headboard for a girls' room, and who can forget the kitchen chairs being playfully stacked by the family ghosts in Poltergeist?  

I've always been a fan of the David Hicks hexagon pattern, seen here in The Shining. Do you think this colorway might be called "Red Rum" ?  

A classic costume of the horror genre... 

One can't talk about scary movies without mentioning this film...

Here are a few sources inspired by the films.  (clockwise from top left)  
Carol Anne's Headboard • Land of Nod
David Hicks hexagon (wallpaper) • Cole & Son
Bates Motel Shower Curtain • Amazon
Thonet Chair • The Modern Shop
Freddy Kreuger Stripes • Mood
Nancy's Phone • Etsy
Shower Head • Kohler 
Norman Bates' Knife • Shun

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. Since I'm a scary/horror movie fiend, I'm all the way in love with this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought i was the only fanatic that scoured the sets for home decor ideas! Loving it! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Glad you liked it! (& glad I'm not the only one.. )

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

If you're having trouble leaving comments, please contact me: boutiqueboheme@gmail.com

hugs 'n kisses!
Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...